The clever and delightful Brenda from Mumabulous ( http://mum-abulous.com/) recently honoured me with a Sunshine Award. It feels a little like the ‘encouragement award’ the struggling kids get in team sports but hey, I’m thrilled!
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere”. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favourite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
The awesome and successful bloggers out there often share advice and give tips like – have a blogging schedule, blog at least once a week etc. I wish I could but I just either run out of time or inspiration. Last years new year resolution was to try and post weekly – maybe I can try this one again in 2013!
Now to the questions.
1. Favourite Time of the Year?
8 years of living in Cairns nearly took the ‘summer lovin’ out of me but hey its back, I can’t help it, I love summer.
2. Favourite Festive movie?
The Griswolds family christmas Vacation of course! I can watch this movie once a year and still enjoy a hearty laugh. Who doesn’t love Chevy Chase.
3. What is your Passion?
I have so many – community, soulful food, yoga, family, music and the gorgeous M x
4. Favourite Colour?
Orange – its just so ’in your face’ happy
5. Favourite time of the Day?
I love the early morn for the colour of the sky and the smell of the air
I love late afternoons in summer when a salty dry breeze comes through the windows (espec. if I have a cold glass of wine in hand)
6. Favourite Flower?
I love the old man banksia or Banksia Serrata. I love their twisted, gnarly trunks and branches and I love the banksia flower. They remind me of home
7. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Beverage?
It has to be a cup of tea, made with tea leaves and served in a china tea cup of course.
On a hot day the Tiro blood orange fizzy drink (fancy fanta really)
8. Favourite Physical Activity?
I can’t pick one so its yoga, surfing and swimming in the ocean
9. Favourite Vacation?
Lawn Hill NP (north of Mt Isa, middle of no-where) is pretty much the most amazing place I’ve been in Australia
But if cashola was no issue, I’d be on a plane to either Rome or Moscow any day of the week
To share the love, please check out the following
1) The nutrition guru and the chef
2) Jude Muse
3) A confederacy of spinsters
4) Papillionaire – Vintage bikes ( i hope Santa is bringing me one of these for xmas)
5) Bonnie Beef (ok, not a traditional blog but people I want to support)
6) Yoga NRG
7) The Salty Goat
8) This charming mum
9) Phuoc’n Delicious (travel and food – what a glorious combination)
10) Food, booze and shoes ( a woman after my own heart)
So just to change things up a bit, I’ve had a fiddle with the questions (not sure if thats in the rules, maybe there aren’t any rules)
1. Favourite chocolate bar?
2. Favourite book/movie or mini-series combination? (this is a no brainer for me)
3. One thing that makes you happy?
4. Favourite spirit?
5. The quality you love most in your best friend?
6. Favourite fruit (you can give a top 3 if you can’t narrow it down)
7. Are you a dog person or a cat person or neither
8. Favourite Physical Activity?
9. Your dream holiday destination?
10. Is there a song that you really love (full stop) and/or just at the moment?
Can’t wait to read some of these answers – I’m sure it will provide many surprises. I hope you are all coping with the craziness of xmas and get to enjoy it bigtime with those that you love.